½ cup unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
½ cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups oats (both quick-cooking and old-fashioned oats will work)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, milk, cocoa powder, and salt to a 4-quart saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth, then stir in the oats.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (or 2 tablespoonfuls), drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Let cool until set, about 30 minutes. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
Recipe adapted from Brown Eyed Baker